Drama essays may seem to be quite a simple task at first, but in practice it appears to be a complicated and multidimensional process. First of all, it is not a simple form of entertainment as many people tend to think. A play usually has significant depth and contains many components, such as the plot and the set of characters; relationships of the characters; the domain of implications; the level of performance, and naturally, the work the given performance is based on.
The Basics of Play Analysis
In order to write a proper drama essay, it is crucial to know and comprehend key elements of play analysis.
- The first element is a plot. It can be interpreted both as a basic structure of the play and as its core message. A plot can be either linear, or non-linear. The linear type of plot is presented in the chronological order, whereas the other one employs different "flash backs” to the past and/or the future. The prevailing majority of drama essays require a brief and comprehensive plot summary.
- The second constituent element is the set of characters. It is characters that bring the story to life. Hence, they appear to be the integral elements of the whole story and often present a major dilemma in the process of analysis due to the diversity and complexity of the relationships between them. These relationships are essential for the identification of the message of the play, as well as of its value as an artwork.
- The third element is the language used in the play. Language can be different, namely, conversational, formal, and so on. In any case, it provides much depth into the environment the characters of the play inhabit.
- The fourth element is the setting. As a rule, the setting is employed in order to add relevance and richness to the environment of the play.
- The fifth basic element is the main idea of the discussed drama. The idea of the play usually denotes a central message of the play, or a crucial point made by the author of the play.
- The sixth important element is the performance. This element implies the execution of a live rendition of the text written by the playwright. The performance should be analyzed taking into consideration acting, staging, directing, etc.
Core Steps to Be Followed When Writing a Drama Essay
- You should be as much specific about the drama essay topic as possible.
- It is recommended to create an outline that comprises concise sentences and main points. This step will assist in keeping the content of the whole essay in a logical order.
- You should not rely on a single source when writing a drama essay. It is recommended to read much on the topic.
- It is relevant to make sure that each of the main ideas presented in the essay is strongly supported.
- Do not forget citing where appropriate.
First-Class Online Research Paper Writing Service
- Your research paper is written by a PhD professor
- Your requirements and targets are always met
- You are able to control the progress of your writing assignment
- You get a chance to become an excellent student!